OptumRx provides comprehensive pharmacy benefit programs
designed to meet the specific needs of union members, retirees
and dependents across the country.
Through the relationship with the Midwest Employee Benefit Funds
Coalition, OptumRx offers participating Funds their expertise
managing prescription drug benefit costs. They provide customized
solutions using the following:
- A national pharmacy network of over 68,000 chain and independent
- Mail service pharmacies nationwide dedicated to fulfillment
of maintenance and long-term prescription drugs.
- Specialty pharmacy services, providing personalized support for
patients with complex conditions.
- State of the art Drug Utilization Review (DUR) programs that
integrate retail and mail service data.
- Dedicated toll-free line includes service for hearing impaired
to answer questions and help members understand their benefits.
- Controlled Drug Management Programs to address misuse and
abuse of prescription controlled substances.
- Multi-lingual member services assistance in over 40 languages.
- All member communication developed by plain language experts for
- Voluntary formulary programs that reduce costs and let Funds share
in manufacturers' rebates.
- Quarterly management reports that reviews plan spending and helps
project costs for future plan years.
- Analytics and outcomes support in measuring and evaluating drug
- Clinical management programs and services that address quality of care
issues for individuals to manage costs and achieve healthier outcomes.
- Disease management programs focusing on helping members better
manage their condition and reduce cost.
- Web and mobile tools for members encourages easy understanding and
management of pharmacy benefits. Personal websites and mobile apps help
members find the lowest prescription costs, locate pharmacies, keep
track of their drugs and more.
- OptumRx home delivery offers an easy and efficient way for
members to receive long-term medicine delivered wherever they choose.
Enrollment is simple and pharmacists are always available to answer
Participating Funds may take advantage of the attractive discounts
negotiated by the Coalition while:
- Controlling your plan design.
- Contracting directly with OptumRx for customized services to
best address your Fund's needs.
- Controlling your own eligibility.
- Maintaining responsibility for funding the benefit.
- Providing members with Fund-specific welcome kits designed to
equip members to take charge of their health and make smart medication
Learn more about Optumrx and how they can help you take advantage of
the valuable services available to your Fund and its membership by
contacting Michelle Lutker at email@example.com.